Monday 30 May 2011

This Post is Totally Unfocused

I totally know what's happening in the middle east. Here's a hint: It rhymes with mothing. 

In his address to a joint session of the US Congress Benjamin Netanyahu made his case for peace in the middle east. I know this because during his 46 minute speech (video) the word "peace" was uttered 51 times. It makes me wonder if people are gullible enough that they can just hear the word enough times that it makes them feel like the speaker is committed to the idea.

I will not pretend here, nor anywhere else, to be an expert on all the complications of the middle east. There's one thing that appears to be abundantly obvious to me though: We are not anywhere close to peace in the middle east.

I know this because along with his 51 utterances of the word peace, the Israeli Prime Minister also said:


  • So it's therefore vital -- absolutely vital -- that a Palestinian state be fully demilitarized, and it's vital -- absolutely vital -- that Israel maintain a long-term military presence along the Jordan River.
  • Solid security arrangements on the ground are necessary not only to protect the peace; they're necessary to protect Israel in case the peace unravels, because in our unstable region, no one can guarantee that our peace partners  today will be there tomorrow. And my friends, when I say tomorrow, I don't mean some distant time in the future; I mean tomorrow.
  • So I say to President Abbas: Tear up your pact with Hamas! Sit down and negotiate. Make peace with the Jewish state



Just so we're clear: There will be peace so long as the Palestinians have no weapons or military, are negotiating as a fractured unit, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter cause we know they're going to break the pact anyway. Yeah Ben - I believe that... about as much as I believe the war on drugs is about end. 

Wearing this is totally gay - unless you're supporting gays. 


I wore a pink shirt for the vast majority of the day. I felt both very hot, and very gay. I don't know if it's because wearing things this fabulous make me feel hot - or because sometimes I write/say things like "wearing things this fabulous" -- but I felt gay as fuck. Now, obviously I'm not since I haven't engaged in any homosexual activity nor had the inclination. Just as obvious is that there's nothing wrong with LGBT folks.

I gotta say though, I'd hate to actually be gay - because the looks you get from these obviously conservative, obviously ignorant, obviously asshole country folk around here is enough of a piss off when you're straight. If I felt like they were judging me for something that's actually true... damn it - I might just kill a honkey.

Anyway - those last two paragraphs can be summarized with "No matter where you go - you'll meet retards"


The Wire is totally awesome. 


I'm done the first season of The Wire - and I have no clue why it took me so long to start watching this show. There's about 20 characters running here and they're all so impressively defined. I feel like I know each and every one of these guys (and girls). Really one of the best combinations of writing and acting I've seen in a long long time. If you have not watched it - do so. Now.

There has totally got to be a twitter bonus for Jays players


So here I am, minding my own business on twitter and two jays players start calling Jose Bautista a #clown. I would like to think that these the Jays are just twitter lovers (along with Morrow), but we have to know better than that. I would venture at least half of those men have some kind of social outreach clause - or some way of getting kickbacks for having some form of an online presence. Ricky and Jose just got new deals too - so it would not be that unlikely.

Either way - John Danks is a jack ass. You do not get to call another player a clown when you are 0-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment