Wednesday 15 June 2011

Operation 5 Reaction Follow Up

In less than a day from me getting Operation 5 in the public domain I've received a lot of feedback on this. For the most part it's "Oh, that's a neat idea!" or "Are you sure you can last 6 months?"* or "Letters to your consoles was way better". I expected all those responses. The ones I didn't expect (but maybe I should have) were from female friends who thought that it was an absurd idea. That the talking to women part makes perfect sense - but if they want to fuck me, I should definitely fuck all of them.

Again - this might be because I grew up in a house with a mother and a sister who have been used and abused by single men  - but I think that's not in my make-up. Apparently, because I have a penis I should be viewing the entire female population as a fleshlight with a pulse. What exactly is wrong with a little bit of self control and NOT fucking someone just because of lust or sexual chemistry?

Really - if I'm never seeing this woman again - why do I want to fuck her exactly? Cause I can? I've slept with enough people in my life - that the physical act of sleeping with someone, while awesome - doesn't exactly do it for me if there isn't some kind of deeper emotional or psychological connection. In fact - the last woman I broke up with was a direct response to me asking her, "Sometimes I think you'd rather just be friends with benefits" and her replying, "Depends on the day."

The "Fuck anyone who will fuck you" sentiment was not exactly unexpected - but I expected it from men. To have multiple female friends pushing me to use women for some kind of temporary satisfaction that can only be described as either a notch on the bedpost or a bandaid for the ego -- it's surprising.

While I would like to think that the women around me growing up were raised to expect more out of their men -- I'm starting to wonder if more and more people were raised to treat each other like meat and any deviation of that indicates some kind of obscure lack of manhood.

If being a man requires having mindless sex with emotionally insignificant women -- you all can start calling me a female now.




*I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment